Choose your stay
Summer in the moutain
In the Ax valleys, more than 280 miles (450 km) of marked trails invite you to discover a preserved nature.
Some sites are accessible but remain protected as natural reserves, and others are intended to practice sports or for leisure activities.
You like to walk, hike, surpass yourself? Different hike levels are available. For the most experienced, both the GR10 trekking lane, that connects the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean through the Pyrenees, and the GR107, also called the Chemin des Bonshommes, offer several paths which cross our valleys. From there, you will get to discover the wonderful flora and magnificent fauna as well as the spectacular scenery of Ariège.
Both adults and children will leave amazed after visiting the fascinating tourist and cultural sites of our valleys, such as
- The Talc Quarry: one of the world’s biggest open-air quarry
- The House of Wolves: an animal park in a preserved natural environment
- The Mountain Observatory: At the edge of the National Wildlife Reserve of Orlu, the Mountain Observatory is a must-see in Ariège for those who want to discover the mountain biodiversity as well as observe animals in their natural habitat
- The forges de Pyrène: go back in time to discover the old Ariège and learn more about ancient traditions in a lively village
- Dream and railway magic: discover models of monuments and historical sites of Ariège.